Thursday, January 12, 2012

7 Months!

Wow! Month seven was a big one developmentally for one Harper Louise. She can crawl; she's got the pincer grasp down and can feed herself (which means she's trying lots of new solids); she started pulling up; AND she's got a tooth finally breaking the gums. That's BIG stuff for such a little one!


She's spent a lot of time in her diaper...it seems easier for her to crawl and stand without her clothes slip sliding all over the hardwood floor. Plus, who doesn't love a baby in a diaper!

She got to see a lot of family this month; she celebrated her first Christmas; and she rang in a new year (not that she even knew!). 




Unfortunately, Harper is no longer the star sleeper that I used to rave about (gotta be that tooth, right?). She wakes up at least once (screaming usually), and we don't know know whether to feed her, let her cry it out (brutal), or give her ibuprofen. It's a freaking conundrum every night! I know it's just a phase, but I'm ready for her to go back to being the awesome sleeper so I don't have to stay up worrying about my poor parenting anymore! 

This month, I am loving playdates--watching her  and her little "friends" figure each other out is priceless. Harper tends to go straight for other people's mouths. But she's tough...she doesn't mind when she gets poked in the eye or when Ellie wrestles her to the ground with one of her awesome hugs...she just rolls with the punches. And Ellie is definitely teaching Harper a few things!



It's been an unspeakably hard month for some "mommy" friends of mine. Every time I think of Sweet Adeline or angel Conner, I hold Harper a little closer and thank God for every second I get to spend with her. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment