Monday, August 20, 2012

Feeling Crafty

For a Monday, this was a very productive day. Not only did I get the groceries done and dig up the dead flowers in the front bed, BUT I also got TWO crafts done. That's right people...TWO!

The first was a last minute pinterest find while I was supposed to be getting inspiration for our weekly menu (see project #2...). I've always thought that the cute bows on Etsy were way over priced, and some even seem fairly simple to make. So...a trip to the craft aisle ensued.

It took a few different attempts, but the final product was a success.
While I crafted...
The finished product (and a shameless shot of my adorable daughter).

The second project was inspired by said trip to the craft aisle. While I was searching for the ric rac to be used for the bows, I found a board that was the perfect size for a kitchen menu. I've been sitting on some leftover chalkboard paint from a previous project and having been trying to keep an eye out for an appropriate board. Walmart really came through for this girl today. So easy, and it does the job.

It took a coat of primer and several coats of paint, but the menu is up (it's a poor week to show off my menu planning skills...but you get the idea!).

I've got some organizing ideas up my sleeve to clear out some closet space, so hopefully this productivity streak continues. I've also got some leftover ric rac and lots of buttons so there are probably more bows to be made and some other pinterest projects ahead for me as well!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! I love your bow! And I almost loved your weekend dinner plans EXCEPT my weekend dinner plans are in Dallas. It'll be a highway hive five. One day we'll be in the same city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, Miss DIY! Super cute bows, board and BABY!!

    ReplyDelete