Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Excuse

So in case all of my "loyal readers" have been wondering where I have been...I have a good excuse. The last blog entry was from Molly and Brett's wedding weekend IN OCTOBER!!! Let's face it, that wedding was pretty awesome. But what was even MORE amazing than the wedding was that was also the week we found out about this:

Pretty much after that weekend, I fell off the face of the planet. During the first trimester, I felt fine during the day (thank God--can you imagine teaching 140 7th graders with morning sickness?), but as soon as I got home I felt terrible and exhausted. So the camera sort of went to the wayside. Even when we did do things (because let's face it, that was two and a half months ago...I did get out of the house a little), pregnancy brain swept in and I'd forget my camera or I fell back into the "embarrassment" of having the big, fancy camera out and in people's faces. But I'm BACK!! Because I mean seriously, folks, if there's going to be a little Dickson running around here, I better get used to having the big, fancy camera out and ready for all the cute, adorable things that kid is destined to do!!! Am I right???

So I apologize for the blog break...but I'll be better! And with Christmas here, and snowy weather right around the corner, and all of the exciting stuff that is sure to be heading our way, there WILL be pictures!!

By the way...Best picture on the blog??? Maybe. But maybe I'm also a little biased.

**Disclaimer: obviously, the above picture was not taken by me, but I figured everyone would be okay with a "guest photographer" this one time...


3 comments:

  1. So glad you're back in the photo business! I can already start being the proud Grandmom and say that he/she is PERFECTLY ADORABLE, right?! I can't wait to whisper that in a tiny, velvety ear come June! Love you, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooorraaayyy!!! I was so excited when I saw you posted. Can't wait to belly kiss next time we see each other--- like perhaps dinner something the week after christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, time out. how did i miss this memo? congratulations!!!! i'm so excited for y'all.

    ReplyDelete