Friday, September 7, 2012

Gentle Reminders

The last couple of days have been tough. Harper is getting her first two molars and a cold this week. Awesome. Did I also mention she's starting to perfect her already solid tantrum? Believe me when I say that I rely heavily on getting out of the house each day. Unfortunately, yesterday was a total bust. We were supposed to go up to visit my friend Dawn and her brand new, precious baby Stella. But with said cold, I called Dawn and told her we were staying far, far away from her and her three day old. I was really disappointed, and in all honesty, I don't know if it was with not getting to go visit a sweet perfect newborn, being a flaky friend to a new mom who could probably use some company, or the fact that my toddler (we're out of the "little girl" phase from yesterday just a for the time being...pigtails are out and the realization that she's still only 15 months was read loud and clear today) was keeping me from the only adult time I had planned for the next 8 hours.

Anyway, I needed some perspective after a long week and found it at Betsy's today while helping her in her hour of need. I'm going to start referring to her house as the Land of 1,000 Photo Ops.

Just a few, much needed gentle reminders on a rough day.

1 comment:

  1. excuse me. so cute. love it. thank you for helping me in my hour of need. thanks a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete