Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Splash Park Fun!

I found myself daydreaming a lot during training today. I couldn't stop thinking about where I was going to take my picture for the day. I thought about this yesterday too, but then BOOM! There was rain. Today, oh there was rain alright, but not like yesterday...so out of luck there. I got home from training and needed a nap; let me tell you, there is nothing inspiring about crashing on the couch. So finally I went out in search of it. Initially I thought, maybe...just maybe, I might find something down at the lake. Nope...out of luck there too. So I kept driving, when I saw it out of the corner of my eye...the splash park.
A few thoughts entered my mind while I was creepily taking pictures at the splash park:

1.) These kids could've been playing ALL day in the rain...but they wait until there was a short break and probably begged to go play at the splash park. Any bets on how many video game levels were beat during the "rain delay" only to go to a splash park after that is the equivalent of playing in the rain?

2.) Please tell me the City of Dallas did NOT leave the splash park on while it was raining. That just seems silly.

3.) In these first few posts, I have found that the "right" picture has just come to me...it's never where I'm looking for it; I can't force it; it's just there...in the corner of my eye (like my favorite band, or my favorite dive bar, OR meeting a man who turns out to be my husband), just waiting for someone to see the beauty in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment