Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A "Different" Reaction

I just got pooped on. You know what my first reaction was? Take a picture. Don't worry, it was not photoblog worthy/appropriate. But it's amazing to me how my perception/reaction to things has changed now that there is an adorable babe involved.

You want me to go diaper diving and find the one with blood in it? No problem. Poop shoots three feet from changing table to bed skirt? Amazing. I couldn't do that. Babe's been crying for an hour? At least it's an adorable cry.


Getting out of bed in the middle of the night is not nearly as bad when there is a sweet smile greeting you from the crib. The second, third, and fourth time? As long as that smile is there, I could do it a dozen times.



These pictures have nothing to do with this post, they're just my visual reminder of why I don't get grossed out anymore when I have someone else's poop on my leg or how I can get through the day on limited sleep.

Someone should come up with a book called, "You Know You're a Parent When..." I'm going to start compiling a list of all the things parents do for their kid...I'll make millions. And to all my friends who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant...don't worry, this may completely terrify you now, but I promise...you'll feel the same way when it's your own kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment