Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I've Got a KID!!

There are times when something catches my eye and I have one of those “holy-smokes-I-have-a-kid” moments. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m pumping gas and leave my kid in a baking car and realize it...no, I could be changing her diaper and kissing her cheeks and after the millionth kiss, I remember, “Holy cow, this babe is mine.”


This happened the other night while I was picking up around the house. I was standing in our guest bathroom and looked up and saw Harper’s bathing suit hanging from the shower. We had gone swimming at the Williams’ that afternoon and hung them up to dry when we got home. But it wasn’t until a few hours later when my brain wasn’t going a million miles a minute that I saw it for what it really was...there are three of us now.



Whether it’s three bathing suits hanging up to dry instead of two or lazily laying out on a blanket watching my girl take in this bright new world, Harper has changed our lives.



This weekend the weather finally cooled off enough to enjoy being outside. We actually went for walks in the middle of the day, and Harper saw her first raindrops ever. She’s been here for 67 days without a single drop of rain. Saturday evening we took a blanket outside and enjoyed the cooler weather, watching Harper kick and listening to her “talk”. After a week without Neal (he was at training in Orlando all week), relaxing this weekend with him was definitely refreshing.


Remember when I mentioned swimming at the Williams’? My girl was adorable. I got her a swimsuit for all the swimming we do (can you read sarcasm on a blog??), and Becky/Nonnie got her a cute floppy hat to protect that precious, porcelain skin. She definitely takes after her momma...




Two seconds later...




That’s what we’ve been up to lately. I asked Neal to start taking pictures of Harper and me too, because otherwise 10 years down the road she may never know I existed. Ha!


2 comments:

  1. Look at those beautiful girls in their fantabulous floppy hats! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big she's getting!! That black and white shot of you two is amazing.

    ReplyDelete