Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother's Day Post


To the One Who Made Me a Momma,

I cannot tell you how much joy you have brought me over the last eleven months. When I was anticipating your arrival, I knew that I would love you. But this much? I had no idea. I had no idea that the first touch of your skin to mine would bond us for life. I had no idea that the first time I held you you would fit perfectly in my arms, like you belonged there all along. I had no idea that the first smile you flashed us would melt my heart; that the simple act of you holding my hand, or resting your head on my shoulder, would be enough to bring tears to my eyes. 

I could never have known how much your sweet spirit would light up my life; that your tears would be the hardest part of my day; or that your joy in each new discovery would be so contagious. 

I am a better person because of you. You make me happier and healthier, stronger and wiser, a better friend and wife. 

The day you made me a momma was the greatest day of my life. On this, my first Mother’s Day, I want you to know that you are forever loved. You are the light of my life, and I am blessed to be your mother. Not a day goes by that I do not thank God for making you my daughter, for giving me such a precious gift, for the opportunity to show you unconditional love. I love you more than everything on this Earth combined (well, you and your daddy). I can not wait to watch you grow up and to be the mom you need me to be. 

I love you, sweet daughter of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment