Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving Right Now

Here's some "Proof of Life" for you...Five things I'm absolutely loving right now:

1. My petunias. We planted them a couple of weekends ago and they're still alive. I love a little color in our front and back yards. It really screams SPRING!!



2. Playdates...We've got pretty full calendars lately, and I love it! We've got a weekly playdate established, we're meeting friends at the park, we're playing in the morning, we've had some random meetups...it's exactly what I've been wanting my days to look like, it just took ten months to get there. Having something to look forward to and to get out of the house for every day makes my day so much better. All it took was a little initiative and sucking up my fear, and now we're here! Here's Jack and Harper yesterday. Harper just followed Jack around, and he just put stuff on her head. It was great! 



 3. Spring Sundays. This weekend, I took my book, my coffee, and my husband and we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful spring breeze. It was glorious!


4. Meet Bear. I love Bear. Harper loves Bear. We totally take advantage of Bear, because if you're snuggling Bear, Harper snuggles you. It's so sweet. Anytime I've got a hankering for some Harper love (because frankly, she doesn't give it freely...she's pretty busy), I just grab Bear and Harper and steal me some hugs. I love Bear. 


5. My almost walker. Somehow I managed to capture my daughter's first steps on video. We were at Baby Bounce, and I thought her adorable shaking skills were worth a video. And then she started walking. She doesn't do it all the time, but she'll do it throughout the day when she's distracted. I'm sure it'll be no time before she's running.


So what's your Proof of Life these days?

3 comments:

  1. You've had a good April! Love that you're enjoying all of these blessings. And I love, love, love seeing Harper being such a sweet playmate. What a precious girl! As many times as I've watched her first steps, she's already walked a mile - those few steps at a time. :-) xoxo Miss you and love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those cuties!! Tell Harper that Jack will come put stuff on her head anytime (we're working on that, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, beautiful big girl! Lucy can't wait to play with YOU. Such a fun month. I am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone for something new, Allison. It's hard to do. As Molly and Gabey would say, "You've got guts."

    ReplyDelete