Tuesday, October 11, 2011

4 Months

Dear Harper,
      Do you know how crazy I am about you? Do you know how much I love you? That I would do anything for you? Do you know how much I love getting you up in the morning and after naps, seeing that smile widen like you've never been happier to see someone in your whole life? Do you know how much I look forward to each day, to see what new tricks you've got up your sleeve, what that little mind and body are working so hard at each day? Do you know that you are a lucky lucky girl, with parents who love you more than anything? 
                                            
   You've been working hard this month at growing and have had lots of fun adventures with old and new friends. 
Playing with those Crazy Mays. 
Ellie's teaching you all her fun tricks too.


                       

You saw your first Ranger win this month; you were a big fan...and by big fan, I mean you slept through the last 6 innings. It was fun having you at the ball park because it has so many fun memories for your daddy and me. I'm glad you finally got to share in those with us. 

You're getting big enough now to play with new toys. You're grabbing things (putting them straight in your mouth) and rolling over (barrel rolling is more like it). You've already got places you've got to be and if rolling will get you there, so be it. You're so much more alert these days which also means you're so much more distracted. We have to go into a dark/quiet room now for you to eat, otherwise there's too much around you that you're more interested in. But the dark and quiet is okay with me because that's just more "us" time that I relish in. You've made me put away my own distractions so I can focus on you, helping you grow up to be strong and healthy. 
                      

Speaking of strong and healthy, you were a champ at your four month check up. You weighted twelve pounds eleven ounces and were 25 1/2 inches long. Dr. Linderman said you were a "crazy long baby." But what else would we expect from the newest Dickson...long and lean...just like your parents. 

You had your first cold this month which didn't seem to bother you too much, but worried your momma a lot. We snuggled all day that first day, and after that you were fine...you may have sounded like an old man when you were breathing, but no worse for the wear. 


Harper Louise, you are the light of my life, the joy of my heart. I've had a few moments this month where I wanted time to stand still. I want to relish in your baby-dom a little longer, because before I know it you'll be crawling then walking then talking then going off to college (okay, a little dramatic, but sometimes I feel like that). I love spending my days with you and watching you sleep at night. You are an amazing creature of God that I know is going to bring even more light and so much more joy to our lives. I love you, sweet girl. 


Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment