Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What a Difference a YEAR Makes...

Around this time last year I had a secret...a BIG one. I remember it all very vividly. 

The morning of October 22, Neal and I had our very first sonogram. Only my sister knew about the pregnancy, and I had this irrational fear that my heart wanted a baby so badly that my mind was playing tricks on me, despite the dozen or so pregnancy tests I'd taken since the first positive showed up. There was just a little blob on the screen, but the nurse assured us that that was most definitely a baby. I was on Cloud Nine. 

Everyone else in Dallas was pumped because the Rangers were in a wild race to the World Series. That same night we had tickets to Game 6 of the ALCS, Rangers versus Yankees. Colby Lewis pitched eight innings. We sat in the home run porch and watched the rain come down in the early innings. Rangers had never won a playoff game before that year, and there had definitely never been any World Series buzz. Ninth inning, Neftali Feliz came in, Alex Rodriguez was at the plate with two outs. He strikes out swinging. 

Rangers win the ALCS!!! They're going to the World Series!!! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! 


It was the coolest day of our lives; I don't think either of us will ever forget it. The people around us had no idea what joy I had in my heart; but that night confetti flew, fireworks burst, champagne was everywhere...for most, it was because the Rangers had just made history. But for me, 51,404 people were celebrating our future alongside us!




No comments:

Post a Comment