Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 9: Front Door

edited on photobucket.com
A couple of weeks ago, Neal and I were working outside while Harper was napping when a mini-van pulled up to the front of the house. I was coming around from the backyard and Neal was visiting with the driver. I didn't recognize the van from the neighborhood, and I didn't recognize the driver either. But there was my very friendly husband chatting it up like they were old buddies, looking back at the house and pointing. When the van drove off, my curiosity got the best of me, "Who was that? What did they want?" 

The woman in the car had grown up in our house. Her mom had owned the house for 35 years, and she just wanted to drive by for old times sake. To check on it, if you will. 

This will always be the house that we brought Harper home to. Our first home as a married couple. One day Harper will drive by this house, or perhaps the lot that was once this house, and reminisce about the good times that she had growing up here. Baking in the kitchen with her mom; climbing in the tall Magnolia out front; playing catch with Dad out back. 

I can appreciate why this woman drove by; why she stopped when she saw Neal. I can only hope that she saw the love that comes from the house. Because this house is overflowing with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment