Thursday, July 22, 2010

Alaska Favorites

Considering I wanted this blog to be a photography experiment, I decided to do a separate post with all of my favorites; pictures that I am the most proud of. Every single one of these was intentional...it didn't feel like a "tourist" shot. I saw something through the lens that stuck out, that meant something. I learned as I went and did a little editing to draw out what I saw in my head.





The next image has such meaning behind it; it really spoke to me. Look at how strong the new growth is, suspended on its own. However, if you look closely, you see how important the old stump is to this new growth. The only way to survive is by holding on to history, to build on what has already come before you, but to grow from it...to learn.

I loved having this opportunity to see Alaska and appreciate its beauty. I loved that I was able to use this opportunity to learn and grow. Alaska, I miss you and your cool summer days....

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out your blog. You are getting so good at your photography. Such great pictures! It looks like you had a great time in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete