Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Slow News Day

Today was a slow news day around here...the evening came around, and I hadn't taken any pictures. So while dinner was on, I got on the floor and started shooting. I'm finally starting to understand shutter speed and aperture and how to change them to affect the lighting/sharpness. Now if only I had a tripod and could use the editing software I've got...

Anyway, here's today's picture, or as Bruce and Becky call it: POD.

Caleb in all his glory. Doesn't he look sad? I have one picture where it looks like he's trying to smile for the camera, but he just couldn't muster it.

I cropped this one because I had to set the camera on the floor to steady it; but I liked the depth and blurred background. Just for the record, I'm shooting most of these in manual with no flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment