Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, America!!

Today was FILLED with traditional July 4th activities...we started with a water balloon fight on the boat (not taking a chance with the camera on that one...I'm too worried about dodging hard-flying balloon grenades); then we raided a great family picnic on the lake (thank you, Walkers--still no camera though); then we hit up a pool party/BBQ at the Pearce's (no good reason I didn't have my camera, just forgot). Finally, the ONE thing I asked for this July 4th (it's like Christmas in July) was to watch fireworks. So we headed down to the lake to watch at ACC.

The best part? I remembered my camera this time. I must say, it's times like this that I love having my iPhone. I had no idea how to take a successful picture of fireworks; I just know that I've never been able to do it. In the five minute drive down to the boat, I was able to google how to photograph a firework.

What do you think?



Shot this in manual with a 3 sec. shutter speed and the aperture at f/11. The only editing I did was cropping the second shot.

Tonight was awesome; I had such a stupid smile on my face the whole time. But it wasn't just about figuring out something else on the camera. It was about watching the fireworks with my family, and it was exactly what I asked for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment