Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summertime Toes

I've been messing around a little on Adobe Photoshop Elements today (I've got the free trial), and I still don't have anything to show for it. I need some super tutorials, that program is hard...Anyway, I was taking a break from the computer and stepped outside to see how hot it was. Ahhh...summer in Texas...it felt like a million degrees (maybe because I'm wearing jeans??). Anyway, I snagged this shot of the ol' footsies; cute, no?

This POD is funny to me in hindsight because I HATE walking barefoot in grass. I mean loathe. There are some people you'll see wiggling their toes in grass and reveling in the season; and then there's me, sprinting across the grass with high kicks trying to get to the nearest sidewalk/gravel path I can find. I know, I know...I'm probably the only person ever; it's sad, but true.

Anyway, shot this in manual with a low aperture and a shutter speed of 1/40. Again, the natural lighting didn't hurt. I sharpened the color just a little in Photoshop because that's the only thing I've figured out how to do. Oh, and convert to black and white.

Oh yeah, if you scroll all the way down the blog, there's a widget to pledge to see the new film Waiting for "Superman" that comes out in the fall. It's directed by the same guy who did An Inconvenient Truth about the state of education in America. Check it out, watch the trailer, pledge to see the movie, and they'll give 5 books to children and education programs in need...That's my plug for the day.

1 comment:

  1. I only know how to convert to black and white using grid and then replace only certain areas with color. I have a great webinar if you want it... let me know :)

    ReplyDelete